Saturday, April 21, 2012

A 21st Century Educator

My name is Jestine and I'm a fourth grade Catholic school teacher. I absolutely love my job, sure some days are harder than others, but at the end of the day I still love what I do. The past year, I have dedicated a lot of time towards studying about 21st century education. Already a fan of technology, I guess 21st century education became a natural attraction. Now that I am adapting my classroom to a 21st century classroom, I could not imagine teaching using traditional methods. 

In the past year, my classroom has made a huge jump from the traditional classroom. I currently run a FLIPPED math program, 1:1 iPad program, and use a number of iPad applications and websites to engage my students. I try to attend as many conferences as I can to learn the latest education trends. This year, I have attended an A+ Educators conference in Phoenix, Mid-Atlantic Technology conference in Baltimore, and am excited to be attending the BLC 12 conference in Boston this summer.  Every conference I go to inspires me to adapt the way I teach to meet the needs of my students. 

I hope to use this blog, to discuss websites and iPad apps that I use in the classroom and how to easily incorporate them within your own classrooms.  


No comments:

Post a Comment